Step to it!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hustle 101

lol ive been trying to write this for a while and ma wording and motivation to do it has been down. But i have now finished up my year at school (DJ school if you didnt know!) Ive now graduated (thursday!), lol no capes or hats. Unless its new era! Cheah. Ive learnt so much over this year at Whitireia. Shan and Raw are the shiz! Ive learnt lots of skills, techniques and ways to go about things. We've studied subjects from music production to history to professional studies.

Professional studies aka "hustle 101" coined by Shan, was one of my fav subjects. One of the things i took really seriously is hustling. Not like actual hustling on the block! But hustling for good. Like self promotion, networking and gigs so on. Im always hustling for more oppurtunities for my DJ career. Ive been so blessed to have a large amount of gigs this year. Which sometimes leads on to more or just sets foundations. Ive also been blessed to find myself in the position of working with fellow chrisitans (Tear it Up, Style Wars or just at Elim). So three things for huslting for God-

Self promotion
Networking
Gigs

Self promotion is real important for a DJ! You have to look good (uniform at gigs), act proper and be different and be confident. This should also apply for our christian lives. We dont have to worry about our looks, cos we all look good! Thats because God created us in his image and we are all beautiful regardless of what you think!
We need to act proper and like christians. I reckon one of the biggest draw cards we have is that we as a group are attractive (to non christians that is). Not looks wise once again. But i know for a fact that for the splinter crew, we were always commented on being such a tight nit bunch of people who got along, were happy and just seemed to have a good time. We stand out as a group cos we are like family and im sure anyone who knows our crew can agree.
So promote Jesus by standing out and shine! If you believe in God you should have faith and that should bring confidence. Be confident with yours beliefs and it will show!

DJ's have to network. You could be the most awesome DJ in the world and know one would know if you dont network. I have met an amazing amount of people this year. Like people like Con Psy to CXL to Chris Chetland. They are the bigger names. But ive met so many cool people from producers to MC's to DJ's to just people in the public. lol ive had randoms coming up to me and saying sup and that their from aucks and recognise me! Im not trying to sound like im special and tha man for knowing these people. But i have started and built relationships with these people. And hopefully i have left a good impression. Its just building blocks for one day i may get that golden conversation where i can chat about God!
God calls us to spread the word! So how can we do that if theres no one to listen! You need to be out and about challenging people and telling others of God!

Gigs are what a DJ dreams about, that perfect venue, with the perfect amount of people, the right vibe and having the perfect songs to play! For that gig we prepare ourselves! We hustle to get that gig and to get people there. We practice for as long as it to takes to be the best!
So what we as christians need to do is when our "gig" (that golden conversation with a non christian) comes around we need to be prepared! We don't want to screw it up! There is no person who isn't right for the gig. Anyone who knows Jesus can. Because in God's power we can do anything! I don't remember quotes from the bible. I can't lol. Some people do though. It's always good to have scripture! But i just use my knowledge from reading the bible and experiences i have from the past. We just need to answer any questions they may have honestly and just be ourselves!

Hustle for good! I hustle for myself and for God! It's not hard. Just have faith and in God you can do anything! Just remember promote, network and gig hard! lol. heres a lil sumthin sumthin to finish it from a real hustler!
Let us pray

Lord Jesus it is you, who wakes me up every day
And I am forever grateful for your love..
.. this is why I pray
You let me touch so many people, and it's all for the good
I influenced so many children, I never thought that I would
And I couldn't take credit for the love they get
because it all comes from you Lord
I'm just the one that's givin it
And when it seems like the pressure gets to be too much
I take time out and pray, and ask that you be my crutch
Lord I am not perfect by a longshot -- I confess to you daily
But I work harder everyday, and I hope that you hear me
In my heart I mean well, but if you'll help me to grow
then what I have in my heart, will begin to show
And when I get goin, I'm not lookin back for NOTHIN
Cause I will know where I'm headed, cause I'm so tired of the
sufferin
I stand before you, a weakened version of, your reflection
Beggin for direction, for my soul needs resurrection
I don't deserve what you've given me, but you never took it from
me
because I am grateful, and I use it, and I do not, worship money
If what you want from me is to bring your children to you
my regret is only having one life to do it, instead of two

Amen
"Prayer 3"-DMX

ONE
NS

P.S leave me some comments. Id love to hear your thawts! Stimulates ma mind!

2 Comments:

At 12:12 pm, Blogger Scottie Reeve said...

Sup Ninjasteps?!
Great job in the cafe on Saturday. Awesome times. Turns out I'm into this whole blogging thing. Ch-Ch-Ch-Check it ouwt!
Scottie

 
At 3:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha so proud of you bro!
This blogging thing might just be all it's cracked up to be... Might be taking some lessons from Lis hehe. interesting way to find out things like how people recognise you on the streets from Auckland. You Must be famous!
Keep trucking, and putting those wonderful words onto this computer screen of ours at home.
~Jx
PS Echoing Scottie's praise from SS, you were primo! You'll be dancing next time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home